Friday, March 9, 2012

So Original

I am pretty much a one-of-a-kind. I'm an English major senior girl who writes a blog and is now going to start using a cool camera to take pictures. Oh wait, there's eight thousand other girls who do the EXACT SAME THING. Do I care? NO. Let me introduce you to my new favorite thing: My Canon Rebel SLR!

His official glamour shot
I got my first official big-girl camera last month. I saved up money from nannying/babysitting and finally scraped enough together to make this dream a reality. I love when people can have vivid, beautiful pictures to commemorate life as it comes, and I'm really happy to have the chance for the same. I'm thinking my next camera-related purchase will be a simple tripod so I can use it in more situations, but for right now this is all I have and I'm excited to learn as I go. 

Besties
Now this thing is not souped up by any means - I could have spent twice and three (and four) times what I did - but for a beginner like me it is really cool to have. Its official name is the Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55 mm IS II Lens and and EOS HD Movie Mode. 

I'm calling it Reb for short. 

To let you know how much I know about using this fine piece of equipment, I know that it is black and that it takes pictures. I haven't had time since I got him (yes, it's a him) in February to really sit down and start watching tutorials online until tonight. Reb is making his debut next week. Wanna know why?! We're going to Colorado for spring break! On a road trip! We leave Saturday night and are staying for a week in a house near Denver to ski (pray for me), explore the city, and see amazing mountains every day. I asked myself: Anna, when is there a better opportunity to get great pictures than when you are on a road trip to the mountains with your friends in your senior year of college? There is NO better time I tell you. So hopefully you will be seeing more and more of my work with this bad boy and tell the difference. Any input all you expert photographer/bloggers have to offer me will be happily received. I'll pay for lessons in friendship and delicious plates of chicken and rice. How could you refuse an offer like that?!

And no, I didn't think it was cool to be into photography before it was cool. And no, I don't think I'll ever measure up to you experts out there. I am a card-carrying bandwagon jumper of the SLR variety and proud of it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment