Monday, March 19, 2012

Wrap It Up

I'll admit it. I'm a reflector. Not in the shiny sense (not as into the glitter as my girl Ke$ha), but in the look-back-and-ponder sense, so today whilst sitting in class (sorry professors) I had to look back on our week in Colorado and remember the hilarious times we shared. What is a vacation or fun life event without a culminating, reflective, wrap-it-up exercise?! Here's a few snapshots of the week, including a trip to the ORIGINAL Chipotle, a Denver Nuggets game, driving through the mountains, $1 taco specials, the ubiquitous Tebow, a day of skiing, and margaritas with chips and salsa (perfection).


We also had a million memorable moments that are hard to explain so that they will be funny again. I will never forget the moment we pulled up to our rental house to find it in a...well...interesting neighborhood. Let's just say the nearest places of business had vertical bars on their windows. Maybe a decorative touch, right? I guess we'll never know why those bars were there. Either way, when we parked the cars in the driveway we all got out and doubled over in silent laughter attacks for a full 3 minutes before anyone could utter intelligible sentences. Needless to say, all went well, nothing went awry, and now I am considering decorative window bars for my future residencies. Oh you remember how my friend group has no mercy on each other? Well we kept track of each other's mess-ups and I know I have to bring the glorious mistakes to you: 

"I read Girl With the Dragon Tutu last year." - Anna

"You boys need shore sharts." - Karley

"You mean like Heinenkugels or Leineken?" - Mel

"I'm thinking on my toos." - Mel

"It's all that shunsine for sure." - Lauren

"Wipe that face off your look." - Karley

"I betcha he hurt his tailmone." - Anna

"We're laughing up here! We're having times!" - Lauren

"Drive well. Sleep safe." - Lauren 

Obviously, you spend enough hours together in a car/house/great outdoors and these slip-ups will happen. While I loved seeing the sights and exploring new places, the most fun I had was being with my friends the whole week. I learned in my semester abroad that so much of life is not where you are but who you're with. Let's be honest, I'd have had a blast even if we didn't make it past Nebraska. (Okay who am I kidding, nobody can stop Nebraska from being boring.) Nothing quite like a road trip for your senior year spring break. Ahhhh.

Now wasn't that a good reflecting session? Don't you all feel better? Me too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment