Friday, December 30, 2011

Flo-Rida

Well, it's a rough life. After a strenuous travel schedule...



...I've spent the past few nights at this little old place...


...and worked long days for this demanding boss.


The day after Christmas, I got to fly out to Florida for this whole week to help take care of some of my favorite kids. The family I nannied for all summer asked me to come down and make their vacation run a little more smoothly, and it has been fabulous since the moment I stepped off that plane. I got my usual two (brother and sister) plus their two cousins. Four kids aged 5 and under + craft time + Anna = a hoot and a half. (Don't mind the hick expression.) The family is amazing and I feel really special to be a part of their Christmas vacation. The one small downside to babysitting in Florida is that you don't get the tan while inside tending to nap schedules. But guess what?

I fly back here with my family in ONE week for our own Christmas vacation. How bout that? I get the fun of these kids now and then next week I get my tan. How much more could a girl ask for?

 I've had such a great Christmas break I'm starting to go in denial that it will, eventually, have to come to an end. And that means my last semester begins. And that means at the end of that semester I graduate. And that means I've got to have some sort of life plan hatched up by then. Let's stop thinking those scary thoughts and be distracted by some of my Christmas presents from this year. 

Some fab boots from DSW and some FLY Coloud headphones
Vera Bradley makeup thingy (love the print) and a new suitcase!
Note packing process that fit in said suitcase. Success!

Oooooo. Aaaaaahhh. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment