Saturday, March 3, 2012

Getting Our Twords Wisted.

Remember my roommates? We love each other, but we have an interesting approach to showing it. Some might say being considerate, patient, and cutting each other slack is a way to show that you love someone. (Read my previous post for other ways to show it.) But oh no. Not in Melvina (our house). We think that making fun of each other and SHOWING NO MERCY translates to, "I love you and you are my friend." Sarcasm and zingers reign. The best, of course, is when someone messes up their words. We do NOT let those go. We all repeat it loudly, laugh obnoxiously, and belittle the mistaker relentlessly. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, right? Here are a few of my favorite instances of these mess-ups. I am dying as I even type it. Being the good college student that I am, I've cited my sources. No plagiarism here, just pure primary source material.

The six of us: Karyn, Mel, Karley, Susan, Lauren, and yours truly. 

While at Buffalo Wild Wings, contemplating our decision for what to order, Lauren asked, "How many guys you gonna get?"

"I need a ret wag." - Mel

"It's not an NBD!" - Karley

Mel's mom called and said, "Hey Mel!" on the phone. She replied, "Hi good!" 

This is one of my most famous repeat offenders. I must really like my transition words and say, "Furthermore, actually," in succession. Lauren had the same issue, except with adverbs: "Quickly, luckily."

"We could play splin the bottle!" - Anna 

"There's mulchable angles to this situation." - Lauren

"I don't want her to feel out left!" - Lauren

"It's been a yough rear for that." - Karley

"I have a Matt with class." - Karley

"Do you like this wed rine?" - Susan

"There was a blood of pool." - Karley

"I'm going to call your blunt." - Lauren (via our friend Neil)

"They have really good barcuebe pork sandwiches." - Karley

And my all time favorite - another Karley/barbecue quote. This one stems back to Junior year while out to eat and she said to the whole table: "You gotta get the barbecue on your sauce or else you'll get your thumbs on your face." I'm not sure what it means. I'm not sure Karley knows what it means. But I like it. 

Obviously I am going to continue to keep track of these . I've noticed that Karyn hasn't made the list yet so I'll keep close watch on that one and keep you posted. These little daily things are what I love about my house/roommates and hopefully you've been inspired to catch your friends doing the same. Yet another way to let someone know you care. 

1 comment:

  1. literally laughed out loud. i had one of these on friday. while shopping for a wedding shower gift i said, "oh, let's get them their kea tettle!" didn't realize i was saying it wrong until saying it about 4 more times. :) love when these things happen. you girls are grand.

    ReplyDelete