Monday, December 12, 2011

Laugh it Off

Mel, Karley, and Lauren
On Friday night, my roommates and I took some time out of the craziness before finals week to do a little gift exchange. We are rarely all in one place with our crazy sched situation, so these little moments of togetherness are sweet. With any stress of end-of-year stuff going on, a little present unwrapping and laughing can do a college girl good.  

Our first Christmas presents this year
We went to Starbucks for our exchange and opened presents over a little hot chocolate and other deliciously overpriced cups of cheer. We didn't go overboard with the spending, but did just enough to make it special. I picked Mel's name and gave her a stripey Forever 21 cardigan (I almost kept it for myself but decided not to go Grinch this year) and a giftcard to Starbucks. Lauren had my name and did a fabulous job with my present: adorable mittens, a feather necklace, and a cool silver ring. I'm so excited to wear all of them. It was a successful gift exchange. But our little outing reminded me of why I love these girls. I have the best roommates. 

Susan and Mel
We have been through a LOT together. And we didn't need to buy each other gifts...they give me so much every day anyway, mostly through how they make me laugh. Let me break this down a little. 

Karyn
Let's start with Susan. She's my partner in crime on JV soccer, but beyond that she gives me happiness daily through help with excitement over the little stuff (like dinner on Taco Tuesdays!). Mel gives me so many laughs with her sassy sense of humor, hilarious facebook observations, and youtube video sessions. Karyn gives me a shared love of stupid chick flicks, talking sense into a world of nonsense, and joking during sessions of couch-potato-dom. Lauren is probably the funniest person I've ever met, from her weird internet finds to taste in music to her affinity for a good pun. (She might be moving to Seoul. She thinks it would be a great Korea move.) Karley is just plain goofy, and we can probably sit and make fun of each other for an hour straight. Not to mention the random dance sessions that she spontaneously stages. 

My present from Lauren
So while I loved my present, I love my roommates more. If you can find people who make you laugh, hang on to them. Life will be a lot funnier. (Or in Lauren's case, a lot punnier.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment