Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Done Son

Susan, Megan, Me, and Amanda at Toyota Park
I am officially finished with the last soccer season of my career! It feels really weird to say that. We finished our season strong by winning our last two games, ending up with a 9-2 record. For about 30 minutes of our last game, the coach played my fellow co-captain and I (Susan) up at forward to let us have some scoring chances. After about 52 offsides calls (not even an exaggeration), I finally did put one away, and we won 5-0! (If you want to see this goal, my brother Rudi caught it on film here.) I will miss JV soccer with all my heart (here's just a few reasons why), but as for those 6 AM practices, to those I say adios amigos!

Displaying my 22-year-old maturity
We had awesome seats
As an end-of-season celebration, we went to the Chicago Fire vs. Columbus Crew game on Saturday night and witnessed an awesome 3-2 win. We sat immediately next to the "Sector Latino" by the corner which was fun at first due to the crazy cheers and constant drums, but then turned extremely annoying when they kept setting off red and white smoke bombs (I may or may not have contracted a respiratory complication) and the beer throwing whenever the Fire scored. I was lucky enough to catch the Fire's first goal (awesome play) on the video below, and then was even luckier to catch Megan and Susan's reaction to getting a nice cold shower of Coors Light from the neighboring cheering section at the very end of that video.


Smoke bombs

No comments:

Post a Comment