Wednesday, September 7, 2011

JV

Okay, I'm going to let you in on something about Trinity Christian College, a school in the South Suburbs of Chicago. The best part about it is the JV Women's Soccer Team. I'm a list-er. So here is my list of...

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love the JV Soccer Team. 

1. We're Trinity's best kept secret. Most people don't know we exist. Varsity is kind of a big deal around here, but we play in stealth mode, like we're in an elite club. Like fightclub. First rule about JV, you do not talk about JV. Second rule about JV, you DO NOT TALK about JV! Just kidding. But seriously.

2. One of my best friends, THE Susan Blocker, is a co-captain with me. She wakes me up for practice basically erry morning and without her on the team I would not function very well.

3. Road Trips. We pile 20 girls into two big vans to get to our games. It smells pretty gross, but I gotta say we ride in style.

4. 6 AM practices. We wake up at 5 AM. Run around in the dark on a freezing wet field. Spot constellations as we do our warmups - Orion's Belt is a crowd favorite. Don't you want to join?

5. No off-season commitment. How many of you people can say you play a college sport, only have to show up for two months, and then you're off for the next ten? I can.

6. The defense. I mean, no offense to the offense. But the defense has just got it going on. The aforementioned Susan (see #2) is part of this beautiful foursome.

7. The gear. All that adidas paraphernalia has me looking fly!

8. The ball stretch. (Pictured above). You stretch out your calves by propping up a ball between however many girls you can fit around a ball. And believe me, we can get quite a few.

9. The girls. Who knew that such cool people went to Trinity? I've met some really hilarious and ridiculous teammates in my time on the team. One who got the flu at halftime, finished the game, but then proceeded to vomit the whole ride home, once out the van window. One who skipped the final game of our season because she had a hair appointment. One who had me smuggle cereal out of the caf for her breakfast every morning after practice. Of course, I could go on.

10. OH. We also play soccer! Playing soccer is fun too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the memories!! You're making me regret stopping after one year :)

    ReplyDelete