Friday, September 30, 2011

30 x 30 Remix: My Picks!

The time has come. From October 1 - October 30, 2011, I (along with some other girls at Trinity) will be participating in my own little version of Kendi's 30 x 30 remix. (Kendi is one of our favorite bloggers - she posts her outfit daily and mixes and matches really well.)

Here's the challenge: you pick out 30 pieces of clothing and only wear those chosen pieces for 30 days, all the while avoiding shopping. It's a cool way to work with what you have. Shoes count. Workout clothes, jewelry, purses, and camis don't count. And since we live in Chicago, I'm not counting jackets/coats that I wear from my car to the classroom building. It's just too stinking cold here to make me suffer without a good jacket. Wanna see my picks? Here they are. I chose:

13 tops

3 cardigans, 1 blazer

2 skirts, 4 pants

6 shoes

1 dress 

If my math adds up correctly (which is not always the case) that all equals 30 items. My choices have told me that 1) I apparently like blue, green, and tan, and 2) I shop at target, forever21, and h&m too often. I'll be posting my weekly progress with pictures so you can see what I come up with. Hopefully I can make this work - follow along, make suggestions, and wish me luck if you'd like.

Here goes nothing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment