Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Xan Man Turns ONE.

I can't believe we've reached this milestone. Xander Christian, my favorite nephew in the world, just celebrated his first birthday. (For any of you fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia it's really fun to insert "Xan Man" into the lyrics for Charlie's song called "Day Man." Xander really is a master of karate and friendship.)

We celebrated by getting together, eating cake, and watching Sawyer, his older sister, open and play with his presents. Maybe next year he can muscle her out of the way. For now, he was content with a face full of blue frosting and a house full of friends and family. What a cute little dude.

Starting to walk like a champ
Sawyer opening Xander's presents.
Everybody wins when your brother has a birthday! 
Building block cake crafted by my sister-in-law
Cake mania
And in the spirit of being bittersweet about watching my favorite kids grow up too fast, I could not resist but attach this video that my brother made. It's the past year in four minutes. Get ready for goosebumps and a few tears of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment