Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Wonder Child Turns Three

I have this little niece named Sawyer. I am pretty lucky to see her all the time due to the close distance between her house and my school. But thanks to crazy scheduling issues, when it comes to Sawyer's birthdays, I am somehow a deadbeat aunt. I've successfully been out of the state every January 16th for the past 3 years.

On the day she was born in 2009, I received a $30.00 phone call from my brother telling me the happy news. I was in Jamaica. In 2010, I had to drop her present off early...I would miss her first birthday party because I was in Costa Rica on a soccer missions trip. Last year for her 2nd birthday I thought I had a chance - I left for Spain on the 18th. Alas, I was in Iowa on choir tour on her big day. Shoot. But this year, I will see Sawyer in all of her newly-minted-three-year-old glory. She is one of the best people on this planet. And if you spend 5 minutes with her, you will agree with me. 









Happy 3rd Birthday Soyjoy! You're my favorite.

Love, Auntie Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment