Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chi City

On Monday I was a lucky girl. I got to spend the day downtown Chicago with 3 great friends. They're all blonde bombshells, so I feel pretty cool being the brunette sheep of the bunch, if you will.


I never get sick of going downtown Chicago. Maybe it's that touristy small-town Wisconsinite within me that won't ever get used to a city that big. I just love going to walk around random shops and places in the city. And I don't ever get sick of The Bean at Millenium Park, either. It will always be a magical giant kidney bean that beckons me to take pictures of myself in its reflective surface. On this particular outing we didn't get to The Bean, but let me tell you, there'd be self pics in existence if we did. 

April and Susan
Shopping!
Karyn and myself
Amazing Popcorn
Giordano's Chicago Style Pizza. It really doesn't get better. 

After I got home from this blissful excursion, I started to feel kinda gross. And then the next morning I woke up feeling like I swallowed a rusty fork. And then I barfed. And then I found out I had strep throat and the flu simultaneously for three days. And now I'm sick of saltine crackers and ginger ale. You might say I'm down with the sickness. The couch and I have never had so much quality time together and I can't wait to put some distance between us again. 

Florida, anyone? We leave Saturday for our family vacation and on a scale of pretty to very excited, you might say I'm VERY excited. 

1 comment:

  1. i am now craving a trip to downtown chicago! keep living the sweet life anna!

    ReplyDelete