Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mi Reunión

(I thought that was a fun title because it's spelled the same in English and Spanish, just read with different emphasis.)

Today was a great day. Although kinda busy and hectic with some applications and organizational stuff, I got to see a good friend from my semester in Sevilla! Dave is a native Spanish chico who befriended a lot of us Americans. We played tons of sand volleyball and worked a lot on our Spanish with Dave and his friend Pablo. Well, now Dave is studying at a college in St. Louis and was visiting at his friend Jeremy's apartment in Chicago. I grabbed my faithful friend Lauren Sandberg and hopped on the orange line to meet them. We had a great time getting coffee (or hot chocolate, in my case), walking around in Wicker Park (so hipster of us), and unknowingly eating at a vegan cafe (surprisingly delicious).

my cute hot chocolate
my delicious salad - named "Greek Goddess"
recognize me?
i think dave looks like luigi
riding on the CTA
one of the best in the world
our new friend jeremy with lauren
It was a great way to spend my last night before classes begin for my spring semester tomorrow morning (yikes!). I am so excited for these next few months of school, and while I hate waking up early, I am kinda looking forward to writing those papers. To be honest, I missed 'em. This weekend is an adventure in itself as I head to Washington DC on a little bus trip (more on that later) with my good friend Karyn Koopmans. Whilst there I plan on meeting up with my brother's girlfriend, Heidi. Eeeek! Too much excitement!

2 comments:

  1. ooh ooh where was the vegan cafe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Native Foods Cafe on Milwaukee Ave in Wicker Park! The Greek Goddess salad is to die for.

    ReplyDelete