Thursday, November 3, 2011

There's A Bug Going Around

Remy the Wondercar isn't doing so hot. In fact, she's a little sick. She's come down with the flu or something. And by flu, of course, I mean "a flex pipe in the catalytic converter that has rusted out." To-may-to, to-mah-to.


Yesterday was a sad day for me, as I had to hear my car's (expensive) diagnosis over the phone on my way to class. I, of course, immediately called my dad, Brian (or B-Money as we like to refer to him) who is coincidentally not just my dad, but THE Wonderdad himself, and he found a dealer back home in Wisconsin who can take care of the problem for much less money. So this weekend I'm going home as as a very nervous, naive carowner who will entrust that the bug will get fixed and back to normal.

I've gotta say, car troubles are scary. It is scary both to my wallet and self. First, to my wallet, because this car is the most valuable thing I have (not hard to do when all of your other possessions were bought at Forever21 on sale). Secondly, it's scary also because I have this little relationship going with my car. This is my first car, and I have to say, every time I get inside to drive, it just makes me happy. It's like we're friends. Maybe that's weird to you, but this is also coming from the girl who talked to her stuffed animals when she was little. I make friends with my stuff, it's no big deal. 

So here's praying that 1) Remy and I make it back to Wisconsin this weekend and 2) The car comes back brand-spankin'-new and better than ever! She's pretty spunky, so I think she'll pull through for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment