Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankyou, thankyouverymuch.

Clearly I need to honor this day and talk about what I am thankful for in life, and clearly you should read the title like Elvis would say it. I mean, Thanksgiving is a fabulous holiday. There is food, family, and let's not forget Aaron Rodger's magical smile during the Packer game. But instead of going over the typical "God, Family, Friends," list on Thanksgiving this year (although I love all three!), I'm going to try and find the random stuff that I usually overlook. I've found that taking stuff for granted is never a good idea, so here is my list of the little stuff that makes each day better.

I am thankful for Pinterest,
because it gave me this photo. 
1. I am thankful for Facebook. Where else would I get the most recent dish on the latest engagements that occur each weekend? Where else would I see piknik-ed photos of the latest parties? Facebook, next time you change your layout, I will NOT complain about it in my status, I will remember to be thankful for your daily entertainment.

2. I am thankful for Trader Joe's Non Fat Frozen Yogurt. It is delicious, guilt-free, and has a starring role as my dessert just about every day. Sometime I will have to elaborate on my love for this item from the grocery store, but I'll hold you in suspense on this until a later date.

3. I am thankful for Redbox and Blockbuster Express. They are only a block away, super cheap, and supply me with new movies that brighten my weekdays.

4. I am thankful for Taco Tuesdays. My roommates Karyn and Susan and I seem to have fallen into this tradition this semester, and now I literally cannot wait for dinner time on Tuesday nights.

5. I am thankful for Forever21, for supplying me with cute clothes that I can afford.

6. I am thankful for my roommate/cousin/best friend Karley, because she talks in her sleep nearly every night for my general enjoyment.

7. I am thankful for Zooey Deschanel, for giving me funny episodes of New Girl on FOX each Tuesday.

8. I am thankful for G2 pens that make my notes crisp and fun to write.

9. I am thankful for the fact that I like Mondays. I can't explain why, but I am one of the lucky few that are predisposed to enjoy the first day of the school week. It's bizarre.

10. I am thankful for my little green iPod, named Hank, because he doesn't judge me when I play Open Arms by Journey for a week straight on my way to school. (And don't you judge me for that either; this is a thankfulness list, so let's keep the positive energy going.)

Now think about the little stuff that brightens your existence. And let me just say I'm also thankful for people who read my blog. I love those "me too!" moments that bring us all together. Presh.

1 comment: