Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mis Amigos


Thought you might want a preview of, as my dad would say, "my peeps." These people are the reasons why I love this semester so much. When I leave Spain, I am not so sure I will miss the place quite as much as WHOM (correct usage? help me out here) I was in the place with. One of my biggest fears about this semester was that I came COMPLETAMENTE alone. I do not enjoy feeling friendless. But that fear proved to be stupid, and I am so thankful I took the risk. Our program of 50 students is made up of very different personalities and backgrounds, but somehow we generally all click and have a cool sense of friendship with everyone. I think it's the "same boat" mentality that brings you all together. Plus, traveling with people allows you to get to know them on a whole new level. My friend Ashley said the other day, "Anna, I feel like I know you so well because of traveling. I know exactly how you will respond to situations when you are tired, hungry, and annoyed." Yikes. Poor girl. So just in case you are wondering what hoodrats I spend my time around, here they are. For fun, I added in parenthesis where they are from. These aren't all of the people I see daily, but a nice little sample. If you bump into one of these fine individuals down the road somewhere, befriend them. They're fun. 

2 comments:

  1. Whom. Correct, I think (object of the preposition "with"). I would have preferred that you not end a sentence with a preposition. Of course, you could answer back to me, in a Churchillian way, that my critique "is not something up with which [you] must put."

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh gracias. i always struggle with the end of sentence preposition. sometimes it just sounds so good though at the time!

    ReplyDelete