Friday, April 1, 2011

We Are Family

This post is dedicated to the fam fam. Earlier this week I got some devastating news: one of my co-counselors from Camp Calvin died unexpectedly. She was such a fun, firecracker of a person and being here when I got the news was terrible. When something like that happens, you think of your family and loved ones, so around this time I've feeling it with missing my family especially. Three days in a row are big landmarks for people who are very important to me. March 31 marks my beautiful cousin Liz VanDrunen's 21st birthday - so a shoutout to her out in Iowa to have a great day! If you go to Dordt, make it a good weekend for her. I am guessing that she and her friends will have a cute and fun get together involving fun outfits or activities. If you know Liz you can back me up on this prediction :) April 1st is one of the days that I am the most upset about missing this whole semester. It is the 21st birthday of my roommate, best friend, cousin, and basically sister, Karley Mae VanDyke. If you are at Trinity or even have the privilege of knowing this girl, please make her day the best! Give her presents! Fan her with palm branches or something! Kar, have an amazing day, you deserve it. And finally, the next day, April 2, is the wedding day of my cousin Taylor and his fiance Nicole. I love weddings and think it is really important to be there for people when they start their marriage, not to mention welcoming a new cousin into the family. So Taylor and Nicole, congratulations on your big day! I hope it is perfect. To all my friends and family, don't forget how much I miss you. I do. And might I add that I love all you guys a lot. :)
Bringing it back to freshman year of college. Miss you Karley Mae and happy birthday! 

1 comment: