Sunday, April 10, 2011

Row, Row, Row Your Boat



Following the instructions of a children's song is harder than it sounds. The school paid for us to row the boats along the tiny river-thing in front of the Plaza de España, my favorite place here in Sevilla. We spent most of the time laughing due to our lack of rowboat competence - check out the video below for some evidence of this. In spite of minor difficulties with rowing technique, it was SO cool. The pictures above are mostly from Friday night's "Noche de Chicas" with all the girls in our program with the rowboats. Later that night I went with some friends to a tetería (basically a coffee shop, except with all tea) to talk and hang out. On Saturday morning, I went to a flea market with 5 other friends. I'll have you know that America does not have a monopoly on tackiness. It was held in a parking lot, really dusty, dirty, and cheap. For the smell, think of an outdoor country music festival on day 3 of everyone sans showers. On Saturday night, I went with Nicole and Bre to see a free Flamenca show (intense!). I rediscovered my hatred for "shushers," as this flamenca place is notorious for shushing the whole crowd before they start playing. Today is Sunday, it's a beautiful day, and I am about to go find the one beach volleyball court in the area to play. This was a fun weekend to take a break from the travel frenzy and just enjoy Sevilla again! 

2 comments: