Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Down By the River

Last week my small group wanted to do something outside to enjoy the beautiful weather instead of always meeting at a café to talk. So for a change of pace we rented a paddle boat for an hour our on the river and enjoyed the beautiful views! The name of the little rental company is pretty clever - the river is the Guadalquivir and the shop is called "Pedalquivir." Such a good pun you might be fooled into thinking it was a Rudi Gesch original! It was about 85 degrees and perfectly sunny. I couldn't help but think back to my paddle boat days in Birchwood on Little Birch Lake - a little shoutout to all the VanDrunen cousins for that one. There were two seats in the front with pedals and two seats in the back just for riding along. And  I had to laugh because I just KNOW that each person who took a turn pedaling was secretly thinking that the other pedaler next to them was NOT pulling their weight in the foot-power effort.

Below are some pictures of the people and the views. My small group consists of Ashley (the blonde one) Angie (the little tan one in the black shirt) Sarah (with the sunglasses on) and Hannah (who couldn't make it to the paddling excursion). It is great to meet with them and talk about prayer requests and other stuff every Wednesday. Ashley helped me narrate the video above. As I am sure you can tell, this girl has a fair amount of energy. Thanks to this most of our group meetings are spent laughing half the time. And now I am going to take this moment to say my favorite river quote: "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt."- Mark Twain. Not related to anything, but I think it's funny, and it's my blog. So there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. Where is the van (down by the river) - my favorite river quote

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the paddle boat on little birch! so many good memories! it looks BEAUTIFUL there! :)

    ReplyDelete