Friday, April 22, 2011

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles

I am currently in the home of Hans-Dieter and Elke Gesch. I am looking at an impeccably clean and perfectly decorated kitchen and living room, reflecting on the awesomeness that is Germany and the people who live here. This is why:

They drive BMW, Audi, and Mercedes. They can all drive manual transmission cars. The autobahn is amazing and without speed limits, yet has a very low accident rate. They KNOW THE MEANING OF TIME; when you plan a meeting time it means the ACTUAL time. They are friendly on the streets and you are allowed to smile at strangers. Basically, they do things RIGHT.

Pictures will come after Sunday when I get back to Sevilla!

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Anna, you idealist! Can't we all get along? Who are you to say that being on time is better than fashionably late? Life is relative. What is true for you may not be true for me. I'm getting to the point of the movie "Network", where people throw open their windows and scream, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" I'm looking forward to seeing "Atlas Shrugged" which may speak some sense into our crazy world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me smile. Did you know that the anthem's melody was actually composed by an Austrian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unrelated comment: I am jealous of the mad traffic that your blog is driving. 8100+ in a little over 3 months is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come on, Anna; we're waiting for Germany pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom - I want to see that movie too! And I really am not going to take it anymore.

    Andrew - I knew you had to comment on this one.

    Rudi - Gracias. I'm very big in Sheboygan. Name that movie.

    Kevin - Lo Siento, the internet at my house wasn't working so I had to wait until I got to school today to get the pictures up! Hope you like em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Anna. Sorry for the impatience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tis okay. i was impatient too! literally started yelling at the wi-fi. not good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing to complain?

    Gentlemen!

    Could be even worse!

    -just a few of my favorite remembrances of staying with the Hans-Dieter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ERIC. YES. He said that all the time! My favorite Hans-Dieter-ism this trip:

    H: AH-nna. Have you ever been to Italia?
    Me: No, I hav...
    H: Be ashamed.

    ReplyDelete