Wednesday, March 9, 2011

No Gain, No Spain

Here it is - the inevitable confession: I am THAT kid. I went abroad and am gaining weight. I guess I have decided to make this my No Carb Left Behind semester. We're not talking Oprah-esque fluctuations, but still. Apparently I have inherited my dad's world-record speed eating abilities, and it doesn't help that every meal is complete with a bowl of fresh bread in the middle of the table. It's an inconvenient truth of my life that I knew to be somewhat inevitable with my time here, but I am having a hard time accepting the facts. The Spaniards have a way with being completely straightforward, and when I told my Señora that I was afraid I was getting fatter, she goes "No Anna! You are still the same! Well, except for that little extra on your cheeks...and maybe your butt...but still. You are beautiful both ways." Ha.

HOWEVER. I am not going to freak myself out about this. While this type of thing usually sends me into a panic, I am just going to do my best to enjoy the time here and get back to normal when I get back home. Me and Beyonce will just have a few more similarities for the time being that we used to have. And my new mantra, given to me by my friend, the always wise Karyn Koopmans, is: "No Gain, No Spain." If I was obsessing over every 4 or 5 pounds that came or went, I wouldn't be enjoying myself. So to all of you students abroad (actually, just college students in general) who aren't in shape, let's run together this summer.
Just for fun, here is a picture of the whole group in Toledo last weekend! You can click to make it bigger.  Sweet view. 

4 comments:

  1. Anna, I love you, way to go girl! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bodacious bottom is a trademark of many Gesches. Enjoy!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't do what I did on the TrollNation road trip in the summer of '09 and manage to gain [at least] 15 in three weeks...oops

    ReplyDelete