Monday, March 7, 2011

Desayuno (Breakfast)

Here is the first food post! You are looking at my daily breakfast, cerca 8:25 am. And people wonder why students who go abroad gain weight. On the top right you see a mug of ColaCao. Basically, their version of Ovaltine. It is delicious, and it is pretty nice to have a hot cup of goodness to wake up to. On the top left you see a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. I kid you not, my Señora gets up every morning and uses three oranges to go with my breakfast. I'm not sure that I'll be physically able to go back to Tropicana. And then, of course, el pan. The bread. Looks like this this particular morning was a half-Nutella, half-fake butter day. Mmmm. Sometimes I switch it up to raspberry jelly. Something I miss immensely: PEANUT BUTTER. But alas, last week I found it at the grocery store in a TINY jar...so I bought some and added it to the cabinet here. The brand has nothing on Jif, but I'll take it. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks so familiar : ) But we always just had tea. And cookies? Which was weird but she made us eat them...all of them. So glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, those were the days Anna - weren't they? Remember when I used to get up early to make your breakfast? Me neither. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha mom! so true - but i kinda miss my daily dose of apple jacks by myself in the darkness and silence until dad walks in the kitchen and turns on every light in the house to "wake me up" as he talks as loud as possible.

    ReplyDelete