Monday, March 28, 2011

¡Visca el Barça! Weekend in Barcelona



Just got back from a whirlwind weekend in Barcelona with my friends Bre, Nathalie, and Nicole! This city is awesome. We got there Saturday at about noon and packed a lot of stuff into a day and a half. My favorite part of this place is the architecture - I could just stare at the buildings and be happy. We visited the Sagrada Familia (a Gaudi cathedral that will be under construction for the next 50 years at least due to its extensive building plans), a huge open air market with amazing fruit and food, Park Guell for the view, Las Ramblas (a famous street with artisans and culture and stuff), the Pablo Picasso museum, Plaza Espanya, tons of designer stores that we had NO business entering. (Dolce and Gabana, Chanel, and Valentino? Ha.) I am the newest addition to the Gaudi fan club also, in case you were wondering. I love how his buildings use stone and yet make it look like it was formed out of silly puddy or play-dough, almost straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Unreal. We had an interesting trip back to Sevilla. Our flight left at 6 am, but the metro train to the airport stopped running by midnight. So we arrived at the airport at 11:30 and spent the night there - talking, playing cards, half napping with our heads down on random cafe tables, and giggling out of tiredness and our state of delirium. Got back to the city center of Sevilla at 8:45 am, with just enough time to walk STRAIGHT to my school in time for my 9 am class. After a night of no sleep and a 3 hour stretch of class, let me tell you that my 4 hour siesta this afternoon was PRET-TY sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking good, Anna. Gwendy commented on the new hair cut - positively. I like the fact that, though girls are "leaning" in most of the pictures, you, Anna, remained vertical (proving that females don't HAVE to lean in pictures).

    ReplyDelete