Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tastes Like Chicken.

That's because it is chicken. I am about to share with you, my friends, one of the best recipes on earth. Sole credit goes out here to my mother, Kathy Gesch, or Special-K as I like to call her. Every time I call to tell my parents I'm coming home I expertly weave it in the conversation somehow that it would be swell to have this dish and my mom always delivers. I called her today whilst wandering listlessly through the spaghetti section in Jewel for new ideas and she gave me the down low on this recipe. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you: Dijon Parmesean Chicken. 


First things first. Let's get all your ingredients in order.


Here's what you need:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
3 Tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp worcestershire saurce
2/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp parsley
1 9x13 pan and 2 smaller pans for dipping
A good attitude and some fab background tunes (almost the most important ingredient)


This may be a good moment to let you know of my utter repulsion to touching raw meat. It feels like you're touching something dead. OH WAIT. YOU ARE. How do all you moms who cook every day get over that fact?! You guys are brave. But I figured, Anna, you gotta man up and do it for the sake of the delicious chicken that comes at the end of this ordeal. So I got brave and took it like a Gesch.

You set up your stations, like pictured above. You have your (rinsed off) raw chicken friend (gross) first, followed by a pan of the mustard, worcestaeroiajsdf sauce (it's hard to spell okay?), melted butter, and salt. The second pan is all the other ingredients for the outside breading. You go assembly-line style, first dipping it on both sides in the mustard mixture pan, then rolling it around so it's well coated in the breadcrumb mixture pan. Then you throw that baby in the 9x13. BadaBINGbadaBOOM. Repeat until the rest of his raw posse is properly coated and breaded. Like so:


Oh and by the way, your hands will look like this:


Gross. So now, all you have to do is throw it in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. That's farenheit, not celsius to all my European readers (ha.ha.). Today I prepared it earlier and then covered it with saran wrap in the fridge to pop in the oven when we were ready to eat. My mom took specific care to remind me to take off the plastic wrap before you put it in the oven. That may seem stupid to you guys, but that is something I probably need to be told from time to time. I need more, as my dad would say, Situational Awareness™ sometimes. Yes I just claimed that my dad trademarked the term. He may as well have. 


When you take it out of the oven, it will look like this: (And smell even better)



And the last ingredient that I forgot to add above is: your roommates! They help you eat stuff that you make. Otherwise I'd be eating this recipe for a week straight. I mean, I wouldn't mind eating it every day all that much to be completely honest. I tend to go at things a little too strongly. Example - the latest in our house is a blueberry obsession and there are currently 6 boxes of blueberries in our freezer that I snack on every single chance I have. But I'm trying to be a normal human being and eat in a somewhat balanced way. Ahh my friends together for dinner. So choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment