Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reese Stewart

My friend Reese went out of her way a week ago to help me conquer one very important item off of my 24-before-25 list: bake a cake from scratch. Now, to the common girl, this may not seem like that big of an accomplishment. But alas, I had only ever dared to use a pre made box mix. She came over to my apartment, Trader Joe's bag and hand mixer in tow. She got the recipe from a cookbook produced by two hipster bakers in Brooklyn, so you knew it had to be good. Our end product was a chocolate-hazelnut-creamy-buttery-explosion-of-deliciousness.

I learned a few things that day. One, Reese is a baking genius. Two, the more butter, the better. Three, licking out the bowl of homemade batter is worth the extra effort. Gracias a mi hermana de una madre diferente por tu ayuda. It was a fun thing to accomplish.

unnamed-2
The Master at work. 

unnamed-3
The finished product. Nom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment