Sunday, March 31, 2013

Stuff Students Say: March Edition

I've got to say, the fact that today is the last day of March makes me gleefully happy. Partly because it is Elizabeth VanDrunen's birthday. Partly because that means that today is my first day of SPRING BREAK 2013! Wow. I've been waiting to say that for a long, long time. Also partly because that means we are ending the third quarter. I love fresh starts, so when I return to school we have a brand new opportunity to love life, have fun, and feel successful in Room 22 with a new quarter. Here are the latest gems that my kids have uttered in the past 31 days.

Ms. Gassshhh I saw you on TV on the eyeglasses commercial with them big black glasses ayours. 

I was showing this girl a word problem in math that had to do with sharing grapes among kids.
Grapes?!! That my uncle nickname! They be callin' him grapes because he eating them all the time.

Do you got a twin? I saw her last week at Jewel. She lives in Chicago. 

After I told the class I'm going to Washington, D.C. for the first half of my spring break.
You going to be chilling with Barack Obama?
Yes. Michelle invited me for dinner to discuss the latest controversial Supreme Court cases. Wanted my input.

Do you have a daughter? When you have a daughter, can she come to my house so we can have a sleepover? Ms. Gesch you're so beautiful to have children. 

Said on Good Friday, last week, by one of my most ridiculous kids to another student who didn't know what Good Friday was.
So today Jesus died at 3. He actually died from noon to 3. Just to let you know. Don't you know that already? Y'all needa go read a Bible!

Willy Wonka is real. He made these sweet tarts of mine himself. It says on the wrapper.

Student 1: Ms. Gesch you got kids?
Student 2: No she don't, she's a teenager.
Student 1: Ms. Gesch you passed MIDDLE SCHOOL already?

My brother he broke up with a girl and then now he went back with her. Now that don't make much sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment