Saturday, November 24, 2012

Friendsgiving

I am thankful for good people. I am thankful for good friends.

IMG_1806
There were more than these people here, but this was the Trinity crew that was present. 
Let me tell you a little about this group of people. They are not my college roommates, nor are they the people with whom I spent most of my weekends. These were the friends I met when I was doing things in college. These are the friends I met while participating in Residence Life activities, playing in soccer practices, acting in improv, debating in Student Association meetings, and leading in freshman orientation week. These are my kindred spirits. People who love to be involved, think critically, and have great conversations about real things. These nerds probably enjoyed attending class as much as I did. I love these people because they are open, articulate, hilarious, and original.

IMG_1818
Liz. The hostess with the mostest. 
Let me tell you about Liz Brice. She is not a touchy person and she hates how I exploit this with my hugging/arm nudging ways. But more important, she is a friend of mankind. She loves to bring people together. So last week she hosted Friendsgiving. It was wonderful. Basically, about 30 of us came together from all different friend groups and hung out and ate like crazy at a huge potluck. (I made a big plate of truffs and they went over really well. Click the link for a recipe.) It was a great time.

IMG_1749
Jon, Jacqui, Sasha, and Cat. 
IMG_1746
My new friend Luke. Sorry for cutting off your face, but this picture looked artsy so I kept it! 
IMG_1720
The chalkboard that greeted us. 
IMG_1754
Sam and Jon. You've met Sam before. If you haven't, go scroll down a few posts. 
IMG_1765
Going through the line. Yumm.
IMG_1794
Little talks. 
This is one tradition that I hope I always uphold: getting together with good people, being thankful for them, talking about real things, and eating lots and lots of good food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment