Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wedding Weekend Extravaganza

Remember how 20 days ago my brother married that beautiful girl in Washington D.C.? I surprisingly don't really have any pictures of the bride and groom on their special day, but I have lots of other pictures from that weekend of family fun and togetherness. I'll have to wait to see the professional photographer's pics for the happy couple in all of their newlywed glory. It was an absolutely beautiful day, happy and carefree in just about every way possible. I've been blessed to be a part of weddings of brides that are so low-key. I've heard horror stories of bridezillas, but every single time I've been a bridesmaid the experience has been purely laid back, fun, and just plain happy thanks to the bride-to-be. Heidi is no different.

This girl is an amazing person. To be honest, I'm not even sure I'm at liberty to tell you about her professional resume (not even kidding on this one), but let's just say she's kind of a big deal. She has lived in and traveled all over the world, proven herself in both the work force and extremely renowned academic institutions (Oxford and Yale anyone?), and yet is one of the most unassuming, humble people I've ever met. If anyone has license to be a little pretentious, it's her. She's earned it. Yet she chooses instead to be sweet, kind, thoughtful, and down to earth because that's who she is. Can you tell I like to brag about her? I do. Alex is very lucky to have found such a great match and I am so lucky to have a sister like her. Both of my brothers married girls I absolutely love. How many people can say that? That they love their siblings-in-law as much as their siblings? Again, I'm a lucky girl. But I suppose that wouldn't make me lucky. That would make me blessed. 

Here's some random pictures I snapped throughout the weekend on the East Coast.

IMG_0019
Out with everyone the night before the wedding. We planned these outfits, obviously. 
IMG_0033
Xan man and myself. Look at that stud. 
IMG_0028
Dopplegangers.
IMG_0010
Bachelorette party
IMG_0034
Cousins on the wedding day
IMG_0012
Sisters!
IMG_0018
Had to add this one. We had a lot of togetherness in the rental van.
Maybe too much togetherness, if that's possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment