Friday, September 28, 2012

Stuff Students Say: September Edition

And here is my second installment of a long series with many more to come. This month includes a heartfelt letter, warning of an extraterrestrial invasion, and some theological commentary.

Me: Do you like celery?
Student: Yep. I'll marry it.

(spoken to a fellow student showing off his brand new headphones)
Ooooo you FANCY huh? 

A letter I received after my lunch break one day:
hi ms. Gesh I glad you're back from you're lunch breack because I missed you. and I care for you because you are my teacher. and I should care for and I should Listen too you because you are sweet and nice and well I just love you and you care for me and I care for you because sometime I cry and I should not should be rood to you. and I just listen to you and when I get mad I should just count too ten and I should just go back too being quit. ps. from me. 
Needless to say, I melted.

Ms Gasssh. URGENT MESSAGE. Aliens are invading the world and taking over in the year 2012. And I am not even kidding you.

If I could eat anywhere in the whole wide world it would be Old Country Buffet.

Are horses related to ponies?

Did you just call God fat? He watchin' you right now and Imma tell him TA-NIGHT about whatchu said!

(said while holding a Bible she brought from Sunday School)
Naahhh I can't read those big chapter books these days. Just the little ones for now.

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing all the things students say - you seriously wonder where they came up with it! I hope your teaching is going well this year! Next time I'm in Chicago, we should catch up :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete