Saturday, September 8, 2012

Family and Football

I am writing this post from the lovely Washington D.C. at the moment. Wedding festivities for Alex and Heidi are in full force (yay!) and I will be posting about that surely when the extravaganza is over. For now, I want to share one of the many many reasons why my family is cooler than your family. Just kidding! But totally serious.

First off, MY VERY BEST FRIEND GOT ENGAGED! My cousin, roommate, intramural teammate, therapist, partner-in-crime, and sort of sister Karley Mae got engaged last weekend to her college boyfriend named Sam. He is an awesome guy, she is an amazing girl, and I could not be happier. Let the wedding madness begin. I'm sure there will be more wedding planning event updates as I get to help her get ready for her big day :)

Secondly, here are pictures from our family Fantasy Football draft, the day after Karley's engagement. Can we just establish how great it is that my grandma and grandpa co-manage a fantasy football team together? My cousin Jason was the mastermind of this event and coordinated us to come together and choose our team. I am STILL majorly regretting not choosing Aaron Rodgers as my #1 pick, but I was feeling extreme peer pressure from FF experts to choose a running back first. At the time it seemed like a good decision, but now I'm just hoping next year I'll have another chance with getting him on my team. The festivities went like this:

IMG_1373
Rudi and my aunt Karen
IMG_1366
The final picks. 
IMG_1343

IMG_1354
Happy girls
IMG_1344

IMG_1336
The happy couple
IMG_1332
The prestigious trophy
IMG_1364
Things can get pretty rowdy at VanDrunen family gatherings.
Good thing we had these signs to remind us to keep it in line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment