Sunday, September 23, 2012

It's Always A Good Time

First of all, yes, I am obsessed with this song. Well, and this one too for that matter. I listen to them each at least one time on my way to school EVERY day. And I may or may not sometimes do sign language to the words as I go. And this may or may not attract weird looks from passersby in traffic.

I know this weekend just happened, but I want to recognize last weekend for a moment. It was awesome. Now, in my college years, it wouldn't have been classified as all that special. I got together with friends, had a good time, and had fun instead of focusing on my daily responsibilities. These days, however, that is a huge deal. Seeing my Trinity friends is a privilege now and we all get so excited when we can get together. We made a drink we found on Pinterest, played fishbowl (maybe I'll post instructions to that game on here! You all would love it), and hung out at our friends' house. Not to mention that, but I also got to reunite with some of my Teach For America friends on the night of my birthday. We cooked out, caught up on the latest of the CPS teacher's strike (hmm...maybe I'll post some of my thoughts on that later) and then went out in Lincoln Park. We finished the night in my favorite kind of way: getting food at a 24/7 diner. I had the most delish french toast I think I've ever tasted at that fine establishment.

I'm just loving that even as I live this post-grad life, I am A) still SO excited to see my college friends and have equally as much fun when I'm with them and B) still meeting new people with which to have good times. It's kind of amazing how you can connect so quickly with all kinds of people: some who are just like you and some who are NOTHING like you. Maybe I'll do another post on that whole idea too. Okay I have a lot of posts to do because I just keep thinking about all these topics I want to write on. These people made my weekend so special. Not just because it was my birthday, but because it was just simply a time when we were all together. And it is always fun when we're together.

Basically, this is what I want to express to you: Friends are good.

IMG_0057
Chipotle after church. My kind of Sunday. 
IMG_0055
Fishbowl in action.  
IMG_0053
Cheers!
IMG_0041
TFA friends. These people inspire me on the reg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment