Monday, May 2, 2011

¡Feria!


Tonight marked my first time at Feria. It's basically the Spanish version of the county fair. It is BEAUTIFUL with tons of lights, tents, food, and rides. Todo el mundo (everyone) is dressed to the nines and is dancing flamenca along with the music. All the tents are privately owned and people go there, invite their friends and family, visit one another's tents, dance, eat, drink, and repeat. We left at 2:00 AM and were the lameo early birds. We have been hearing from the natives that lots of Sevillians literally only sleep during siesta (3:30-5:30 in the afternoon) for the entire week of Feria so they can stay out all night and just go straight to work from there. Crazos. I happened to have an extraordinary time there for two reasons. For one thing, I found the biggest cotton candy of my life and the second, I overcame my dread fear of roller coasters to ride "Top Gun" with my friends, going upside down, backwards, and thrown around everywhere. It was insane, but I loved it.


3 comments:

  1. You have got to be kidding me. That cotton candy is half your body size. Knowing how much you love it, I can imagine you swooned with delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paint me a picture of a Spanish carney.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spanish carneys - take your average unshowered run-of-the-mill carney, mix in a little hairgel, a LOT of creepy-man-stares, another dash of hair gel, and you have yourself a spanish carney. they also have small hands and smell of cabbage.

    ReplyDelete