Monday, January 31, 2011

El Postre


One thing that will get me here if I'm not careful...both with my budget and my jean size...the DESSERTS. Since there's such a big gap between lunch and dinner, people get together at cafes in the afternoon to get coffee/dessert. The picture on the left is of me and my friends Ashley and Nicole out for helado last week. The picture on the right was yesterday, with my friends Bre and Nathalie. In front of me is probably the single highest calorie item I have ever eaten. It is a sugar waffle covered in thick, rich chocolate syrup, topped with a scoop of ice cream and with a pile of whip cream on the side. And all for 3 euros (a little less than 4 bucks). When I saw it on the menu I had to try it. Happy with my decision to try it? Definitely. Ever ordering it again? Absolutely not.

This whole past week I have been sick on and off (hence my flauw-ness in my picture on the right). Super annoying. So I'm planning to kick that this week. I'm starting to figure out good running routes with other people here and hoping to have a pickup futbol session with some guys in the park in a few days...apparently there are Spaniards who like to get their butts kicked by American students...I'll let you know how it goes!

8 comments:

  1. hooray for day-time pics!

    Looks like fun (and muy deliciouso). I'm sure that was not done correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rudi, I'm glad to see that your Dora-based Spanish knowledge is on point. Perhaps one day we'll be able to go to the jungle... cave... chocolate tree!

    I want one of those waffles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waffle. sounds. amazing.
    hope you feel much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the desserts are what got me over there too... have you tried churros con chocolate yet? oh wow you will never have a churro over here again. mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that sounds so gooooood! and the glasses?? hahaha i like em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the glasses. Were they a Zenni Optical buy, perhaps? :-)

    ReplyDelete