Thursday, February 6, 2014

GReat friends and GReat weddings.

The title is a play on the fact that I spent last weekend in GR, Grand Rapids, and the fact that I was reminded, yet again, how blessed I have been in this life of mine with wonderful people whom I have the honor to call friends.

Ann Marie is a girl that goes back to 2004 in the life of Anna Gesch. She was the cool one who, halfway through freshman year, decided to start inviting me to the cool kid hangouts, in my Kohls brand jeans and all. She's the girl who spent so many weekends laughing and sticking together through the weird years of being the age of 15, 16, 17, and 18. She's the girl who wanted to meet my college friends and introduce me to hers. She's the one who understood my obsession with History and Literature and Poems and taking really good-looking notes in high school. She's the friend who made being a nerd okay, dare I say it, even cool, and helping me to be a smart girl who was unashamed of her intelligence.  Ann Marie is the girl who can sympathize with my love of G2 pens more than maybe any other human on this earth. That seems like a weird thing to make just a friend into a great friend, but it makes complete sense to me.

She met Justin sophomore year in college and the rest is history. He is sweet, smart, understanding, and perfect for Ann. Their wedding was on a quiet, beautiful, and snowy Saturday at a music hall in Grand Rapids. I got to reconnect with the high school crew and introduce them to Brian as we celebrated one of my favorite girls. Isn't it funny how when you see the people you love in such a state of bliss, you also somehow just can't help the happiness from pouring down?

unnamed-1

unnamed

1656342_10202394568498004_1030127419_n
   

No comments:

Post a Comment