Sunday, August 25, 2013

So Long, Sweet Summer

I have this moment every year. This moment when I realize that, yes, truly, my summer is over. Done. Gone. Never to be seen again until I make it through the horrendous Chicago winter. Dashboard Confessional plays in my mind (gets you nostalgic for high school, doesn't it?) as I look back on all the stuff I fit into my (extremely short) summer this year. Four weeks wasn't much, but I enjoyed it! 'Til next time, summertime. I'm already over three weeks into my year of teaching and it is time for some happy memories from summertime, Chicago, good people, and good food.

photo-9
It's just not summer without a trip to Miller Park. 
 
photo-2
Roadtrip with one of my faves to go see two other favorites. 

photo-5
Architectural boat tour of the city with Heidi, who got to spend two days with me! 
photo-4
My favorite restaurant ever with the roommates

photo
Camping with Trinity friends, compliments of Karley's talent for planning things

photo-8
Beautiful friends coming in to go and attend some beautiful weddings. 

photo-6
Multiple trips to The Bean. 

photo-10
Actually having time/energy to go out on the town with friends. 

photo-7
Lots of good times with this cutie. 


photo-1
This cutie too. 

photo-3
And, to top it all off, a disgusting selfie after finishing my first half marathon. 

1 comment: