Monday, September 2, 2013

Stuff Students Say: August (First Grade Edition!)

We are a full month into the school year and here are the best quotes of the last five weeks. I hope they help you enjoy the last few hours of a Monday off from work. I mean, is there anything better than getting to stay at home on a Monday? The only thing I can think of is to stay at home on a Monday AND get to read funny quotes from six-year-old kids.

Ms. Gesch your kind of face is my favorite kind of face of all the faces.

(The following conversation took place on August 1.)
Ms. Gesch I'm so excited for my birthday coming up soon!
Me: When is it?
November 22. 

Is it spring break tomorrow?
(Also stated on August 1.)

On why she was misbehaving...
I can be a leader, but it's just that sometimes I have a problem attitude.

Look at my fuzzy backpack. It's nice and soft. Like a dead bird.

You got a lot of freckles Ms. Gesch. Do birds come and peck at them because they think they sprinkles on your face?! 

He called me a crybaby!!
Me: Why would you think he might have called you that? Do you think it might be because you cry a lot?
Well yeah I cry every day but I ain't no baby. 


(We were learning the months of the year, and I was trying to get them to realize that they actually already know the name of the month they were born in because they know their birth date.) 
Me: My birthday is September 14 so the month my birthday is in is September. When is your birthday?
July 10.
Me: So then what month is your birthday in? 
Waterpark. 

If you tell my daddy that I was good I get a ice cream cone. Can you just do that for me? 

2 comments: