Sunday, October 14, 2012

Inevitable

Just had a week off from class. I watched a marathon, celebrated a bachelorette, wrote a million report card comments, did grad school homework, saw my brothers and sisters-in-law, went home, met friends in Milwaukee, and got some long runs in on some beautiful country roads.

Tomorrow I'll be back at school again. I have that feeling like I'm on the uphill climb of a rollercoaster, bracing myself for the rush that comes closer with each mechanical click of the track before I freefall over the edge.

I've gone back and forth about dreading tomorrow morning and being okay with getting back into it. Right now I'm okay with it and am embracing that "one day at a time" feeling. We'll see tomorrow when I reach that inevitable moment at 8:00 when the first student walks through the door to our room. I think I'll get the drop-in-my-stomach feeling for sure, but not without that fun adrenaline rush that always comes with it. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment