Sunday, June 17, 2012

Shower Power

I just returned from a stellar Chicago Fire game in which we dominated the New York Red Bulls 3-1! (TOTALLY should've been 4-1, but they took away what should have been a goal on a bogus line judge's call. But that's neither here nor there.) I went with my TTL (Transition Team Leader; basically, a glorified buddy who is a year into TFA and helps you along with transitioning into this craziness) and two other teachers from her school. They were an absolute riot and were completely generous with accepting me and being their hilarious selves and made me feel cool and all that stuff. Yesterday was a busy day for the Van Drunen (my mother's) side of the family, as we had a golf outing (I don't golf; I babysit) all day and then finished out with a wedding shower for two of the grandkids who are getting married (my brother Alex is one of them). We had a REAL LIVE WORKING Family Feud setup with buzzers and a screen and survey answers and everything as a game for everyone to play. The Gesch family is a little too competitive so we had a pretty great time with it. It was a whirlwind of a day, but a much needed little break from the world of Teach For America. Tomorrow morning I head off at 7:00 on a bus for my school, where I'll be teaching 6th grade summer school starting next Monday. Say whaat?!

Peeps, it's about to get REAL. 

The crowds admiring the present opening
My mom and Xander 
Soyjoy and (a very sweaty) me
Me, Karley, and Liz

The Gesches getting psyched for Family Feud

My grandparents: the people who get credit for starting this crazy family

Heidi and Alex admiring their new gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment