Sunday, June 24, 2012

Get Back

Yep, the title is supposed to cue this song to start playing in your head. Sometimes I feel like I'm hurling through a weird time warp in this Teach For America world. They speak their own language, there's a certain type of people here (no worries - it's a good type!), and there surely is a new culture to learn being a corps member in this organization. Just somewhat of a cultural shock. That's why when Karley had us over on Friday it was like one massive exhaled breath for me. Just some of my Trinity friends, grilling out and sitting around a fire as we caught up and hung out. Sometimes you just need to get back where you belong for a hot second for a little perspective.








Now I'm back in my dorm at IIT, and I'm nervously touching up lesson plans that will be delivered TOMORROW to REAL LIVE SIXTH GRADERS in REAL LIVE SUMMER SCHOOL. The first day. As of now I'm not sure if this lesson is going to take twice the allotted time that I have (I'm always one to write and talk too much) or if it's going to finish in ten minutes and the students and I will stare awkwardly at one another for the remainder of class until someone starts a food fight or running with scissors or other mass chaos that I won't know how to handle. Hopefully it's somewhere in the middle. I'll let you know if I come out on the other side alive and well. Woohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Had a nice, relaxing time with my buds from Trinity the other weekend too - always great to reminisce :)

    ReplyDelete