Thursday, May 21, 2015

Face Palm

You guys. Can we talk about my face wash?

IMG_0604

How is this okay? Should something that I apply daily to my skin alter the chemical composition of a common household textile? I use Proactiv each day and it seems as though the company has mistaken the classic formula for straight bleach.

I've run this washcloth through the washing machine accidentally with bleach before and it didn't have this effect. I wash my face wash off with it once and it looks like I've forgotten it in a pool with a toxic chlorine content for 48 hours.

The crazy thing? I need to keep using this bleachy bleach on my face because it never seems to be consistently working. Nice that they keep themselves in business that way. So is this my lot? Do I have to have horrendous skin AND it's going to burn off from the chemicals I lavish upon it each day? Woof. I think it might be time to just embrace the annoying skin I have and quit now.

I'm off to buy some white washcloths so I can live in denial about what I'm doing to my skin. Solidarity to all you other girls with blotchy gray towels. You hang that up in your bathroom with pride, sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment