Sunday, April 19, 2015

Beer and Hymns? Please and Thanks.

IMG_0315

I just have to tell you guys about this amazing experience I had on Friday night. I wasn't feeling too hot after a long week and this was just the thing I needed. Our friends Danny and Reese included us in their work friends' plans at a great spot in Glen Ellyn called Blackberry Market. Go visit, Chicagoans. I've moved its name to the top of my Saturday-afternoon-coffee-date list. 

Beyond the beautiful setting was this amazing idea that someone had to reclaim that old tradition of living out faith in the pubs (holla C.S. Lewis!!), and decided to have a Beer and Hymn night. It was wonderful. The place was packed, the beer was cold, and I just couldn't stop smiling. I think I said "I LOVE THIS" to Brian 47 times throughout the night like the nerd I am. There were a few times where I just stood in awe and had to catch the magic on film. Watch the clips below to get a feel for the atmosphere.  

You guys, I felt like I was in a holy place during these songs. I'm not the best at feeling the tangible presence of God. I like writing about Him, reading about Him, or thinking and discussing Him, but I'm not well practiced in always feeling His presence. In moments like these, it was undeniable: God showed up. And you could feel it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment