Sunday, April 26, 2015

Baby H

People, this weekend was one for the books. It has been nonstop over here, but only full of good things. More on the other things that happened later, but for now I just want to share the amazing excitement that happens when one of your dearest friends is waiting for her daughter to arrive! We had Jen's baby shower at my apartment on Saturday morning to celebrate little Baby H's August arrival. The idea of hosting a shower made me feel simultaneously very much an adult and a panicked amateur. (Spoiler alert: it's not that scary and it all goes perfectly fine.) With in-laws in Indiana and family in Minnesota, Jen spent most of her adult life in Chicago, and I couldn't imagine putting it on for someone better. Jen is one of my lifelong friends that truly feels like a sister. She and her husband live in D.C. but have hopes of returning to the midwest sometime soon. It was precious to look around the room and see friends, moms, sisters, roommates, and small group girls of Jen's, all showing up and there for Jen as she and Andrew take this big step into being parents. I had all the best intentions of using my nice camera to capture this day for Jen, but of course, all the pictures below came from my iPhone. Such is life :) 

IMG_0347

IMG_0348

IMG_0350

IMG_0354

IMG_0356

IMG_0358

IMG_0361

IMG_0375

IMG_0378

No comments:

Post a Comment