Sunday, May 4, 2014

Stuff Students Say: April Edition

IT'S HERE.

MAY.

May means almost the end of the school year, but May also means very very high stakes testing for my little first graders. This week is a big one, maybe the biggest one, for my kiddos and I as far as the school district is concerned. As far as I am concerned, my kids are more than numbers and a 45-minute computer test. So we will just have to agree to disagree, CPS, state of Illinois, and any other interested parties. In the meantime, here are gems from the month of April.

(When I walked over during math, assuming that she was going to ask a question about math.)
Do my hair smell good?

Hey Ms. Gesch you been working out? 

I don't wanna have kids. I hear it hurts so bad and that's why my mom gets mad at me. Because she had to have me and it hurt. So no kids for me.

I can spell "television" and "carpet" so you should be proud of me Ms. Gesch. 

Over the weekend I'm going to IHOP. For pancakes, duh.

You smell clean. You wash your clothes? With bleach? In a dryer?

(After I was gone for a day from school)
I kinda missed you. Okay a lotta kinda. 
(Heart melt.)

I was white when I was born.

(Screamed to me during recess)
Listen to the words I am saying to you. When I get to be 21 I will have my birthday in Hawaii. 

(Reading a book on koalas)
They burned down the forests?! They MEAN! 



No comments:

Post a Comment