Monday, January 6, 2014

Share

In my first grade classroom, we begin every day with a Morning Meeting. We start by greeting one another, and then we go to a time of sharing. We sit in a circle and go around taking turns sharing about a given topic. I love it because every kid gets his or her voice out there, especially for those who might have come in the room a little extra cranky, shy, or tired, but it's also awesome because I get a little insight into their lives outside the classroom. Every single Monday our share is: "Over the weekend, I _______." The best shares come after long breaks and vacations, because then they get to be exciting things like "Over Thanksgiving break, I went to Key Lime Cove and cannonballed into the pool and made my sister cry." We have an extra day of winter break today and tomorrow due to the -50 degree windchill (not even joking) and so our big share day will have to wait until Wednesday. Each kid will get a turn to say, "Over winter break, I _____________." After all of the kids go, my fellow Instructional Assistant and I take a turn so the kids know what their teachers were up to as well. I woke up this morning and thought to myself what I'll say on our first day back. There was a lot of stuff that happened this winter break, both seemingly small and definitively significant. So here it is in pictures. Ready?

Over winter break, I....

cruised in the backseat with Xander, 
unnamed-1


got engaged to this handsome guy, 
unnamed-2

cleaned my disaster zone of a room, 
unnamed-6

went out for enchiladas, 
unnamed-5


ate some delicious gluten-free cookies, 
unnamed


reunited with some of my favorite humans, 
unnamed-4

braved #Snowpocalypse2014, 
unnamed

and had the best snow-removal-service around de-snow my car. 
unnamed-3

No comments:

Post a Comment