Monday, July 8, 2013

Stuff Students Say: End-of-Year Edition

Whew. It's been a crazy few weeks. I still feel like I haven't had much time to internalize my last year and yet here I plug along, taking grad classes for my Masters of Arts in Teaching and marching right on to my second year on the West Side of Chicago. I feel like I could write fifty pages about everything going on in my mind and yet when I sit down to actually do it, I have nothing to say. More on that later. With all the swirling thoughts, I forgot to add my absolute favorite thing on my blog: the student quotes from June! So here they are. In all of their almost-third-grader glory. (I miss them already.)

(A student trying to sing "Gangnam Style"...)
HEYYYYY SEXY LADDAYYY! UP AND GRANDMA STYLE!!!

Me: Please just stop talking now.
Student: But then why would God give me a mouth if I was supposed to stop talking?

Ms. Gasssh. I'm sweating like a bulldog. 

(Looking at a picture of Karley and I on my phone...)
She look just like you! Same face...same lipstick...same teeth and everything!

Student 1: I spy with my little eye...something white. 
Student 2: Is it Ms. Gesch!?!
Student 1: Oooohhhh it's getting racial in here. 

(I was in the process of putting a bandaid on a student's finger...)
Does this mean I'm going to grow an extra finger?!

Ms. Gesch you ever been on TV? There's a commercial on and I saw you. 

Can I touch your hair?

My boyfriend's name is Chris Brown. You heard of him? He's cute. 

Student: Ms. Gesch you wearing a shirt to school tomorrow?
Me: Yes. As I always do.

You and Carly Rae Jepsen are twins. 

You guys Ms. Gesch hair smells like silk. I bet it smells like water! 

Ms. Gesch can you tell me if I'm going to third grade? I won't tell nobody if you tell me. It'll be our little secret. 

(On the last day of school...)
Ms. Gesch I feel like crying. I don't want to leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment