Sunday, June 9, 2013

Both Sides


Both Sides Gallery: reason #4692 why you should come to Pilsen. My wonderful friend and outing-coordinator-extraordinaire Sam got two other friends and I a Groupon to this awesome place for a beautiful Sunday.

936820_10151692592514772_667656695_n

A “retired” (I put quotations around that because this chick is really young and cool) CPS teacher had enough of that high-stress life (word up) and decided to change careers by following her dreams in the non-profit industry. She opened Both Sides Gallery, which is half art studio, half tutoring center for kids in Math and Science. The name is obviously derived from her passions of cultivating both sides of the brain intelligently. They host parties for people who want to get together and paint all afternoon and that is precisely what we did.

Sam, Chase, Laura, and I sat down in front of empty canvases and looked through albums of pictures for plagiarism (cough)...I mean...inspiration and got started on our way. It was a fabulous three hours of painting, chatting, wine-drinking, and pretzel-eating. I call that therapy. Check out the pictures for our finished results! (Laura and I both liked the same picture. Come see mine hanging on the wall in all of its glory in my bathroom). 

923475_10200645998504847_1680440911_n

Can you think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon before a hectic week of teaching? I submit that you cannot. 

Please check this place out! Do it. Now. It's cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment