Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stuff Students Say: Winter Edition

So I skipped a month of this little installment in December. MY B. MY B. Here are a few lovely gems my second grade superstars have said in the past two months. Enjoy.

Ms. Gesch I can see into your eyes. I know what you be thinking.

(a student quote, said to me, after throwing up FOUR times)
Ms. Gesch?
Yes? (As I'm holding a garbage bag in front of him.)
I need to tell you something.
Okay, what is it?
I think I'm sick.
Yep. I think so, too.

How do birds get pregnant?
(This random question was met by a very unprepared and awkward response by myself: "Uhhh, like how everything else gets pregnant," and then I quickly changed the subject. Mature, I know.)

You have green hair.
(I don't have green hair, in case you were wondering. Hence the weirdness of this statement.)

Ms. Gesch I like looking at you because I can see myself in your glasses.

You don't got a son yet? 

Ms. Gesch you married?
No, I'm not.
Do you want to marry my daddy?
No, that's okay.

Christmas is important to me because of all the awesome presents I get. I mean they are awesome.

Student 1: Girls can be boxers too!
Student 2: Is Veruca Salt a girl boxer??

Student 1: I'm Michael Jackson and you be Tito.
Student 2: Yeah? Well you the Jackson 5!
(What a comeback.)

2 comments:

  1. One of Laura's students tried to pawn her off on a date with the paleta man for a free popsicle.
    Another tried to set her up on a date with an uncle
    Hope you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, he tried to get me to MARRY his uncle so he could get a green card. True story. Oh kiddos, I miss you. Or not.

    ReplyDelete