Thursday, December 27, 2012

To and Fro

The past ten days have been a whirlwind of goodness, busy-ness (someone please cue me in on the proper spelling of the word that means the essence of being busy), and familyness. I finished up my last week of teaching in December (PRAISE!) and have officially enjoyed 4 days of my Christmas break...which by the way...the thing about Christmas break...

...is that it is awesome. Tomorrow I jet off to California to visit my dear friend Lauren (!!!!!!) for 6 days and am spending today catching up with some old friends, packing, and soaking up the last bit of Wisconsin on this break. On Friday the 21st, I drove straight up to Wisconsin from my school, only to drive back down to Chicago on Saturday the 22nd for family activities, only to drive back up to Wisconsin on the 24th for MORE family activities. Dang. Here is a chronology of pictures to tell you what I've been up to these past few days free from school and obligation.

toandfro13
The Morning Message (a daily tradition) last Thursday. So close to break! 
toandfro14
These came on Tuesday to my classroom on my lunch break. Gawgeous.
toandfro12
Home sweet home. Alex thought I looked J Crew worthy in my glasses.
toandfro11

toandfro10
Was going through papers to grade and found this gem.
toandfro9
Every year we go to the Ritsmans' house on Christmas Eve to play
an epic game of Risk. I stockpiled armies up in Siberia but I think
they got too chilly and didn't serve me well. 
toandfro8
A gift of a bundt pan and ingredients. I think
my mother is trying to send me a message. 
toandfro7
From my parents. 
toandfro6
You know you're in Wisconsin when Brandy and Milk combine for
a Christmas cocktail. Nutmeg on top made it delish.
toandfro4
SO. GOOD. I cried. 
toandfro3
This was in the foreward to the new book I'm reading, The Promise by
Chaim Potok. It is great so far. This is why books are so important.
toandfro2
My new favorite shirt. 
toandfro1
This poster was found while at a truck stop for breakfast.
There are no words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment