Monday, March 2, 2015

Stuff Students Say: February Edition

I know I know...two days late. My bad. Things, though, are looking up! It's March! It's technically a spring month! Warmth is coming! My kids and I consistently compare this Chicago winter to Narnia...a classic case of it's-always-winter-but-never-Christmas in the doldrums of January and February. We made it through alive, and now it's time for the big thaw to come. Here's a few gems from my kids this month.

(I was trying to introduce an inquiry-based project to my class, and asking them to think about times when they got to be in charge of their learning.)
Me: Who likes to be in charge?! Raise your hand if you like to make your own decisions sometimes!
Student: LIKES to be in charge? I AM in charge!

Mrs. Whartnaby I want to be your child.

(After a fiesta in Spanish class to celebrate all the names of foods they learned)
I feel like a fat buffalo. 

Student 1: Are you Taylor Swift in disguise as our teacher?
Student 2: Yeah and then at night you put on sparkly dresses and sing the Shake It Off song?!

(We named our class teddy bear Brian the Third, after my dad who is Brian and my husband who is Brian.)
Look! We're making Brian do the splits in his gymnastics class!

Finding adverbs is the most fun thing I've done today. 

Mr. Brian should teach us for a day and you should teach his students for a day so we can get to know him. He could do it! Second graders are just like high schoolers except not sassy or bossy. 

(Holding up a tablet during our Reading block)
Does Wifi come through the light as a solar power? 

No comments:

Post a Comment