Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Stuff Students Say: May Edition

People. It's June 4. That means I'm 15 days, or about 2 weeks, from summer, freedom, friends, wedding bells, and going to the Caribbean with a handsome dude. Let's just say I'm feeling the end of the year stretch pretty heavily right now. I just moved into my new apartment over the weekend, so my life is all kinds of crazy, disorganized, and haphazard. I'm using blogging and funny statements as a nice diversion to my current stress. It's working :)

Is Michael my cousin? He keeps telling me that he's my cousin.

When asked to use the word "section" in a sentence, this student raised his hand and said:
My mom lets me cook sometimes.

Student: You gonna be a mom in July.
Me: No, I'm going to get married in July.
Student: No, you gonna be a mom so I'm making you a mother's day card. 

Ms. Gesch I love your hugs because they're so cuddly and nice.

Me: All the teachers at our school had to go to training this weekend. We call it professional development, but it really just means that we learn more and more about teaching.
Student: So you know karate?!?

I wish you was my mom. 

Student: This weekend they had a baby shower for my auntie and it was all pink. She's having a boy. 
Me: Are you sure she's not having a girl if the party was all pink?
Student: No, she's having a boy, but pink is always the color you use for parties.

This student was bawling on the bus on our way home from a field trip to the zoo
My brother wasn't old enough to go to kindergarten and now he won't be able to go on the bus and he's never seen an animal before and it makes me sad! 

You smell really good Ms. Gesch. Like strawberries. 

I really wanna be in middle school because then I'd be closer to college so I can be a teacher just like you. 

Is you Irish?!

Can I ask you a question? Where do you get your hair done?

Did you know that my uncle is my mommy's brother? They just told me that this morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment